When Artscape Wychwood Barns opened its doors in 2008 as a multifaceted community centre, the Wychwood Barns Community Association (WBCA) was formed to link the surrounding community and the facility.The purpose of the WBCA is to ensure that the facility serves as a catalyst for community engagement.
We are an independent, volunteer managed and not-for-profit community organization financially supported by fundraising, grants and income from the management of the Community Gallery and community rental of the Covered Street Barn at Artscape Wychwood Barns.
In addition to being the ‘go to’ source for information about what’s happening at Artscape Wychwood Barns, the WBCA:
- Facilitates community use of The Barns (as they are locally known) for local not-for-profit organizations
- Manages the Community (Art) Gallery
- Creates events for community engagement and enjoyment like Mother’s Day Brunch, BOO! at the Barns, Blues and Brews Bash (our answer to what to get dad for Father’s Day) and many more
- Creates opportunities and events for the community to celebrate and learn about its rich history
- Creates volunteer opportunities designed to engage a broad range of residents and their talents
The WBCA is led by a volunteer board of directors dedicated to serving the needs and interests of the surrounding community.
The WBCA would like to acknowledge and thank the Trillium Foundation and TD Canada Trust for their ongoing financial support.